Friday, May 11, 2007

locked out, crashing, and vets

This has been one of those weeks! Chris was gone to Boise, ID for work so I was here to hold down the fort. First off, I locked myself out of the house, but thankfully it is for sale so we have a lock box and a real estate agent down the street. She was able to let me in. Thank you Ali.
Today I noticed Dakota's ear was still red and itchy (I thought it was ear mites, so I was self treating and it wasn't working). So I thought the least I could do is bring him to the vet and let a professional look inside his ear. Dakota HATES vets. He was muszzled and finally examined. Yep, cheat grass was in his ear. So $180.00 later, he is home and has medicine that needs to go into his ear for the next 2 weeks. That should be fun. He already runs from me when he sees the leash in my hand. While we were at home waiting for Dakota to come out of sedation; Austin fell out of the camp trailer and hit his head on the cement. For a brief second he blacked out...which gave me a big scare. He seems fine now, but I am still watching him close. I was right behind him when it happened stretching out my hand to help. The split second before we touched, he leaned out & I wasn't fast enough to catch him.
Tomorrow we are headed to Walton Lake to camp with Chris's parents. Should be fun!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh my! Sounds like an eventful week! Jackson fell backwards once and hit his head on cement off a picnic table. I was devastated and felt like the most terrible mom. But he was okay. Give little Austin a HUGE hug!