Thursday, February 7, 2008

Cranberry Pumpkin Bread

I brought these into work today and they were a hit. I made them into muffins so it was easier to serve.

2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 T. Vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 ¼ cup flour
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups finely chopped cranberries

Glaze: 1 ½ cups powdered sugar & 2-3 T. milk

Mix all dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.
Combine sugar, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin and vegetable oil in a separate bowl. Beat until combined. Add dry mixture to wet mixture. Fold in cranberries.

*Use non stick spray in pans

Cool completely and top with glaze if desired.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until done. Makes 2 loafs or about 12 muffins.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Yum! I'll have to try!

Denise said...

YUM! These sound great. Thanks for the recipe!

Denise said...

Hey, this Tuesday the 12th at 12:30 we are all meeting at the McDonald's by Costco if you want to join! Come let the kids play and get a free ice cream after! Some of us have the kids eat lunch there and some don't. Hope to see you.

John and Cathryn said...

My mom and Grandma made them Thursday night! I seriously have eaten probably 8 this weekend..pathetic I know but they are so yummy!!

John and Cathryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.