Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tiz the Season for Corn on the Cob

Austin has found his favorite vegetable :) Yep, he will eat an entire ear of corn all by himself. My mom went to Springfield and picked up some excellent cobs at a local family farm. They were very yummy!
In preparation for my Pampered Chef party which is tomorrow night, I was experimenting with different drinks. Here is my first homemade Lemon Drop Martini. It was a little sour, but good. My party will be featuring dessert, but of course I have to make appetizers and offer beverages, so I think the menu will be: Sangria (maybe Mango), cold pasta salad, hummus with pita chips, cream cheese & shrimp, Kalhua Fondue with ripe bananas & punch...& coffee :) Yep, I like to plan parties. I've already started to plan Austin's 3rd birthday party and of course this year he'll be dressing up for Halloween. Should be a fun filled October! If anyone has ideas on where to get resonably priced toddler costumes let me know. So far Target.com looks the most promising. He likes dinosaurs & all kinds of animals.

No comments: