Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow Day?

As a kid I can remember how exciting it was to have no school because fresh, powdery snow fell the night before.  I'd get all dressed up in warm clothes, head out to the 3 wheeler and make tracks all over the field!  Lots of fun!

I'm not exactly sure why school was closed today.  It was 34 degrees this morning and raining.  There was maybe an inch outside, but definitely not worth closing school if you ask my opinion.
So what to do on a snow day?  The freeway was too icy to head to the Tricities to shop, so we colored & went to the farm store.
looking out our front window


Notice Evan screaming?  He is still in the phase of  "don't take my picture"

WE'RE MISSING A FISH!!!

So we have a missing Glo-Fish.  It looks like this one, but yellow & about half the size. Yes it was itty bitty.

I went to catch the Betta fish & transfer him into his own bowl.  He is such a pig, that he literally eats until he's about to pop.  I am getting tired of catching him every time I feed the frogs, so they can enjoy their dinner.  So yesterday I did a count of all the fish and noticed one of the glo-fish are gone.  Completely gone.  No dead body....no floating body parts....just gone.  So I first thought that maybe I transferred him into the Betta fish's bowl by mistake.  Nope, not there.  Then I searched the floor (just in case he jumped out while I was catching the Betta). No not there.  I took a flash light and searched every inch of the small 5 gallon tank.  Nothing.  Little Mr. or Mrs Glo-fish is gone for good.  My best guess is someone ate him, but no ones talking.

I just wish it would have been a little neon, which only cost $1.69 versus the Glo-fish who were $10.00 each. I learned my lesson.  Buy cheap fish because you never know who is goin to eat who.

No comments: