Sunday, March 4, 2012

Museum & Fireworks in March!

The first Friday of every month is free admission to the tribal museum.  So we went after school & invited one of Austin's new friends, Micah.
Micah & Austin

Christina (Micah's Aunt), Micah and Austin. They are in a cave acting like bears.

There was several "do not take picture" signs, so I was only able to capture a few (when no one was looking)


Saturday night the tribe put on a fireworks show to celebrate their 17th anniversary.
It was fun to see fireworks in March!
Chris was out on a call for work, so it was just me and the boys.  I have always had a difficult time photographing fireworks & even getting my camera to work at all in the dark. I was happy to see a few of the pictures did turn out!  I found a pull off & set up the tripod in advance and then we just waited....& waited for the show to start.  I wasn't sure how popular this event would be and wanted to get a good spot. So I got there way too far in advance.  The mob of people were in the casino parking lot.  I wanted to avoid street lights and being right underneath them in the hopes to get better shots.  To my surprise the lights that lit the road near us turned off minutes before the show & then turned back on after the show was over. There had only been 3 cars pass us in the 1 1/2 hrs that we waited, one was an ambulance, the other a police officer so I'd like to think they did that just for me.

No comments: