I had so many plans for Spring break. We were going to visit friends and family in Bend, Albany and Portland. We had 9 full days. All started to change when I got sick 2 days before the kids & I were going to leave. We had just gotten back from Joseph so I figured it had to be food poisoning. Chris came home early from Joseph to take care of the kids while I spent my time running back and forth from the bathroom and the couch. I started to feel well enough to at least get to Bend so we could start our vacation. After all I did not want to lose time with anyone!
We went to Amber and Chase's house first. Had a relaxing time and the kids were able to play while Amber and I caught up. Then Chase woke up Sunday a.m. sick. We isolated him in Amber's room with a movie while I packed up our stuff to head to my parents. Hoping that I hadn't spread my germs & that Austin and Evan wouldn't start to show signs of illness because we still had a lot on our "to do" list.
the two cowboys
visiting Daisy the horse
After Amber's house, we headed to my parents. Monday morning my Dad & I went to the Madras house to stain the fence. It looks so much better.
brick red
It was cold and a little breezy, so I didn't take any before shots
Bend Sunrise
Monday night is when spring break started to get interesting. My stomach started to hurt BAD, so it didn't take much persuasion to get me in the car and to the ER. Long story short, I had an inflamed gall bladder and pancreas. I was admitted Monday night for surgery the next day.
They performed a laproscopic cholecystectomy at noon on Tuesday. The surgery itself went well, but the gall bladder looked better than the doctor was anticipating. He took it out anyway and said that this may not solve the problem. We are following up with him in 2 weeks because my pancreatic duct was the smallest he's ever seen. I hope to get clarification on exactly what that might mean.
Here's the 5 holes that are left after surgery.
My stomach is very tender and still feels bloated from the air they had to put in it for the surgery.
I'm limited to lifting no more than 10 lbs and can't drive while on pain meds.
So much for a fun filled spring break. I had excellent care recovering at my parents house, but it was nothing what I had thought our week would have been like. The valley got dumped on with snow, land slides and all sorts of road hazards, so it would have been a long, stressful trip to Albany anyway. Maybe next time my plans will work out.


No comments:
Post a Comment