Wednesday, December 20, 2006

New friends and Christmas Parties

The last few days have been full of Christmas parties. Last night Austin and I went to the Madras Mom and baby group annual Christmas party. I only knew a few people, but it ended up being a lot of fun. Austin has definitely showed that he is a social butterfly. At the party he opened up right away, mooching food from everyone's plate. I was afraid of what people were giving him because he only has 4 teeth. By the end of the night he had mastered the stairs and had tasted all the good desserts.

Today we had a work party in Warm Springs. Austin was the only kid, so he was the focus of attention. He picked out a really nice gift from the table...it was a badge necklace homemade by our WIC certifier. Now I don't have to use my old OHSU one.

Here' a picture taken today of both the kitty's taking a nap together. Who would have guessed that after 5 days Simon would be okay with this??!!! Chester is here to stay. I would include a picture from tonight of me feeding Austin a bottle, Simon crawled up on me and rested his front feet on Austin. Then Chester crawled up on my legs. I look like I'm hung over...so I won't share that one with everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Austin is so cute! We only went to one Christmas party and it was pretty stuffy...

Are you getting any snow over there?