Well to update everyone on whats going on. Last Thursday I went to work and inquired about the need to have a rental house for staff, students or interns in Madras. Within 2 minutes I received a phone call stating that a new Chief pharmacist was moving to town and needed a place to rent that allowed pets. Within 30 minutes the new chief (Chi) emailed me and said she'd like to be put on the list to rent our house. Well that sounded great at the time but now after a few days of trying to get pre-approved for a loan, thinking about "what if we get stuck with 2 mortgage payments & can't sell the Madras house" and can we find an affordable house in Bend? My brain hurts and I'm just ready to scream "NO LETS NOT DO IT". But then I feel obligated for finding the new chief a rental now. What did I get myself into??? This started out just a simple question.
So today we are hopefully going to look at houses in Bend. Not sure if a Sunday will work for many people, but I feel that we don't have a lot of time to make a commitment. There's a list of 7 houses under 300,000 in NE Bend (we want 250k or lower). So it will be interesting to see how desperate or flexible the sellers will be on their sale price. There are several houses that have been for sale for at least a year.
So that's what's been happening here in Madras since my last post :)
1 comment:
Oh my--SOO cute! I was just looking back at pictures of jackson at this same age (gathering photos for his preschool b-day celebration that is FINALLY happening) and I so miss the baby look he used to have. The baby stage is over before you know it...
Any luck with house hunting? Are you looking for a 3 or 4 bedroom?
Post a Comment