Greetings Friends
Chris and returned from our adventure in Idaho. We had planned a little "mini vacation" but several things got in our way. Here's a weekend breakdown (sorry its so long, I even left out lots of details.
Friday night: got home from work. Met my brother and sister-in-law in Madras for our ride to Portland. Left on time after getting the cats round up and in the garage. Destination: Brothers in-laws (Milwaukee)
Saturday a.m.: After a restless night on the air mattress, left at 6:30 for PDX. Arrived with more time to spare, we ate a healthy breakfast at Starbucks...they had my favorite cinnamon scone :) Flight was on time and we found the shuttle car in Spokane that took us to the dealer.
Kellogg, ID 11:30 a.m.....Now plans start to change.........We meet the salesman and look at the truck before test drive. There's 4 scratches on the tail gate and 3 more on the sides. He assures us the problem will be solved to our satisfaction so we test drive it, eat a free lunch there at the dealership (BBQ) and then go to our hotel to check in.
Chris and returned from our adventure in Idaho. We had planned a little "mini vacation" but several things got in our way. Here's a weekend breakdown (sorry its so long, I even left out lots of details.
Friday night: got home from work. Met my brother and sister-in-law in Madras for our ride to Portland. Left on time after getting the cats round up and in the garage. Destination: Brothers in-laws (Milwaukee)
Saturday a.m.: After a restless night on the air mattress, left at 6:30 for PDX. Arrived with more time to spare, we ate a healthy breakfast at Starbucks...they had my favorite cinnamon scone :) Flight was on time and we found the shuttle car in Spokane that took us to the dealer.
Kellogg, ID 11:30 a.m.....Now plans start to change.........We meet the salesman and look at the truck before test drive. There's 4 scratches on the tail gate and 3 more on the sides. He assures us the problem will be solved to our satisfaction so we test drive it, eat a free lunch there at the dealership (BBQ) and then go to our hotel to check in.
1 p.m.: It's a cheap little place but guaranteed to be clean. We go in the room and no the bed is not clean. Head down to the front where we are assigned a new non smoking room. We had at least 2 hours to kill, the town is really small so we decide to take a walk to the resort area of town (maybe 1 mile away) We find a cute little pub and have a beer in the sunshine.
Skipping some boring parts of the buying process......At 5:30 we finish the paperwork and have our truck.
5:30 p.m. Sitting in the hotel room I smell cigarette smoke. I've had enough of this place and not being satisfied with the accomidations so we check out, get a refund and head to another hotel. They are $110/night and suggest a place half the money but clean (right across the street). We go there and get a room. Very clean and nice.
7 p.m. We head out to dinner. I feel really bad. Have a headache and am very nauseated. Leave Chris at dinner because I don't feel like I can hold down the crackers. I walk back to the hotel and Chris gets things to go.
Now the party starts: Our neighbors (a bunch of unsupervised high school students) at the hotel are loud until about 10 p.m. (3 calls to the front desk to complain)
Now the party starts: Our neighbors (a bunch of unsupervised high school students) at the hotel are loud until about 10 p.m. (3 calls to the front desk to complain)
2 a.m.: drunk guy in hallway yelling (its the adult with the kids)...again wakes up the kids and they decide to party more and head to the pool. Another call to the front desk and Chris and I are ready to just load up and leave for home NOW. Drunk guy assaults front desk lady after she threatens to call the police. I'm not sure if he was arrested, but should have been.
Sunday a.m.: Plan was to ski. I forgot my coat, feel a little better, but still not great. Weather not so nice on the mountain so we decide not to ski and head home. Did have a great ride up and down the mountain in the worlds longest Gondola. Very pretty views! Nice drive home. Only had to ask for directions once in Pasco/Kennwick. Next time will print out a more detailed map from Google than what I had brought.
Monday: Great to be home. Headed into Bend to pick up Austin and find mud flaps for the truck (can't believe a new truck wouldn't come with such an important accessory) Austin is sick with a cold.
So here I am. Austin was checked out by the Dr. and doesn't have an ear infection, but is not feeling great. Hope we have a restful night tonight.
loves to all!!!! Pictures will be posted tomorrow...the camera is in the car.
Sunday a.m.: Plan was to ski. I forgot my coat, feel a little better, but still not great. Weather not so nice on the mountain so we decide not to ski and head home. Did have a great ride up and down the mountain in the worlds longest Gondola. Very pretty views! Nice drive home. Only had to ask for directions once in Pasco/Kennwick. Next time will print out a more detailed map from Google than what I had brought.
Monday: Great to be home. Headed into Bend to pick up Austin and find mud flaps for the truck (can't believe a new truck wouldn't come with such an important accessory) Austin is sick with a cold.
So here I am. Austin was checked out by the Dr. and doesn't have an ear infection, but is not feeling great. Hope we have a restful night tonight.
loves to all!!!! Pictures will be posted tomorrow...the camera is in the car.
No comments:
Post a Comment