Monday, July 26, 2010

35 weeks and counting

Baby update:  So things have changed quickly with my pregnancy. It went from very uneventful with normal doctor visits to now I'm in preterm labor and on bed rest!  My how fast things can change.

Friday night at 11:30 p.m. I drove to the Lebanon hospital to be monitored.  I was 2 3/4 cm dilated and contracting every 15-20 minutes....sometimes sooner.  After 3 attempts by the on call doctor to stop the contractions using medication and a liter of fluid, they sent me home.  My primary doctor's opinion was to lets see if this is true labor and if I progress.  So home I went on "modified" bed rest for the entire weekend.

I'm right on the boarder line of baby being safe to deliver.  At 35 weeks his lungs are still maturing, but I've been told I should be able to deliver at Lebanon hospital without any problems. My concern is that he may need NICU care and if so would be sent to Eugene while I would have to stay in Lebanon recovering from surgery. Please pray for his health and that separation would not be necessary.

My check up this morning showed I'm now at 3 cm, baby's heart rate is fine & I am now on bed rest at home for the duration of the pregnancy.  Which could be a day...or a week.  One thing is for sure baby is not going to wait until my scheduled C-section date of Aug 24th.  The magic number is 4 cm.  Once I am there they will do the C-section and deliver him.  He will be here before we know it!!!

1 comment:

The Godell Family said...

Oh my goodness. Good luck! I was on bedrest for 4+ weeks with my first. No fun, but definitly be good so that baby stays in as long as possible. Everything will work out great. Enjoy the downtime while you can.