Wednesday, July 4, 2007

4th of July in Madras


Well this is probably our last 4th of July while living in Madras. This makes my 4th summer here & I've never once stayed in Madras for the festivities. This year is no different. We did attend the Madras parade...almost passed out in the heat. Austin looked like he was getting heat stroke, but it was fun. Almost every float had candy to throw; yes even I dived in and pushed some little kids out of the way to get candy.... Well maybe I was nice about it :)


This year we're headed to my cousin Michelle's for a BBQ and then will watch the big fireworks at the Redmond Expo Center. I plan to bring the tripod & try to get a few good shots of the fireworks. An on-line tip was to set your camera on aperture f/8 and f/16 and ISO 100. Anyone know what that means?? I'll try it, but I think my camera actually has a "firework" setting.


Also wanted to share this pie crust recipe. Absolutely love it because it's easy and makes a good base for a pudding pie. I made one yesterday and Chris even ate it for breakfast this morning.


Here is what you will need for an 8" pie shell:

1 and 1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons flour
1 and 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt.

Mix these together in your pie pan with a fork.

In a measuring cup, mix 1/2 cup vegetable oil with
3 tablespoons milk.

Pour the oil and milk mixture over the flour in the pan.
Stir with fork then knead with fingers until you have
a nice dough.

Begin patting evenly on the bottom of the pan working
dough up the sides. Finish the edges as you desire.

Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes. Just make sure it’s brown because time varies.

No comments: