Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Evan's one week old

Evan went to the pediatrician yesterday and he is at 5 lbs 8 oz, 6 oz down from his birth weight.  He has one more week to gain this weight back.  Thursday we visit with the lactation consultant to assess his weight again and how breastfeeding is going.

His days & nights consist of sleeping & eating every 1.5-2 hours.  I feel like I just get done feeding and changing him, to turn around and do it all over again.  Today he didn't want to be put down, so he went from being held by me or Chris most of the time.  I am loving it though because I know how fast he's going to grow.


Big Feet! (Austin nick name for Evan "little foot"


My boys.  It's amazing what almost 5 years will do!

Austin has been a very sweet big brother the past week.  He will lay next to Evan during tummy time and talk to him, bring him toys to look at and even shares his "bear blanket".  He holds him until he starts to wiggle too much.  When a diaper needs changed....he runs.  He has a very sensitive gag reflex.


Yummy chicken Chris smoked for us


Roses that just keep getting prettier the longer they sit

3 comments:

alexanders said...

Beautiful boys, Diane!! Congrats!

Jessica said...

He is so beautiful diane. That pic of the boys is adorable. I can't wait to meet him!

Sweet Home Livin' said...

What a cutie! I'm so glad everything went well and that now you are home enjoying your new little one. So did you decide on a middle name?