We begin week number 2. Time is going by so fast. Seems we wake up and then in no time it's dark and we're getting ready for bed. This past week Evan met my cousin Michelle, friends Meredith & Stephanie. Also Marcie (from work) but we didn't get a picture of them together. We've had several very yummy meals brought to us complete with desserts. I'm getting spoiled not having to cook. Chris has also tried a few recipes of his own. Besides the smoked chicken, he also smoked 2 rack of ribs which turned out really good too. Austin has been a very sweet big brother. He holds Evan at least once a day and is the first one up the stairs if he hears any noise coming from the monitor. He has also been taking Chris's camera outside and I am amazed at some of the pictures he takes. Here is one of my favorites.
Austin's perspective of the corn
Today I took my first real walk for exercise. It was slow but I made it to Timber Linn park to feed the ducks, plus I have not had to take any pain meds for almost 24 hrs too! It is definitely a faster, easier recovery when you plan ahead to have a C-section. Even though I didn't get out of going through labor 100%.
Our garden is still producing a large crop of zucchini. I shredded at least 8 cups this morning for the freezer to add to my already 4 cups plus have bags of chopped zucchini to cook this winter too. I delivered one large zucchini to our neighbors and promised at least a couple more this week. Who knew one plant could produce so well? If you need/want zucchini please call me :)
The boys all enjoying tummy time
Evan can actually flip himself from his tummy to his back already
Meredith & Evan
Ava, Austin & Evan
Michelle & Evan
Stephanie & Evan getting their vitamin D
And to think there are still many family & friends who he has yet to meet! He will be one busy guy in the next few months. We have another doctor appointment tomorrow to check his weight. I hope he is at least close to his birth weight by now.
No comments:
Post a Comment