Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bandon & other things

We went on our 2nd camping trip of the year with some dear friends.  Unfortunately the weather wasn't the best, but we had fun anyway. Here's a few pictures of our weekend in Bandon.

Austin and Ava

Meredith and Garrett

The Radke family

Evan enjoying a walk on the beach

Justin brought his truck which raced around the beach. I'll have to post a video later. The kids LOVED it. Evan wanted to ride it :)

Meredith & Diane. Friends since 2002.

Evan had sand everywhere & very wet pants, but he had so much fun!

Evan also got his first hair cut while we were in Bend last week.  I gave grandma the honors of doing it, while I tried to keep his head some what still.  He had these curls that I just didn't want to cut, but they were getting a little out of control. She didn't cut much, but it made a big difference.  He still has the curls, just not the clown look. 
This was taken afterwards.  He did not like the cape, but it made for a good 1st hair cut photo for his baby book.

the small pile of hair that was on his head.

Austin's favorite past time at my parents house is catching lizards. We caught them using a fishing pole with a small loop at the end. It works great & Austin was getting brave enough to hold them.  He was very proud of himself & I think watching all of the Jeff Corwin animal adventure shows have given him a little more confidence in handling wild animals.

No comments: